Internal Medicine at Fairview Clinics - Edina
Fairview Health Services is seeking a Internal Medicine Physician to join a primary care practice at Fairview Clinics - Edina.
As part of our participation in the Pioneer Accountable Care Organization (ACO), the physicians use a team approach in managing clinical care. The site is using a model of care, Care Model Innovation, for their patients which actively looks at and changes clinical processes to maximize efficiency, resources, and clinical care.
- Provide outpatient care.
- Patient encounters average 18-20 patients per day.
- Onsite services include: Diabetic Education, Lab, Medication Therapy Management, Memory Loss Clinic, Nutrition Education, Pharmacy and X-ray (digital).
- Onsite specialties include: Internal Medicine and Podiatry.
- We have a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Physicians work an expectation of 36 patient contact hours per week.
- Patients are admitted to the hospitalist service at Fairview Southdale Hospital.
Graduate of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine residency training program and Board Certified/Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association. Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure. Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota. Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
Fairview Clinics-Edina (formally Fairview Crosstown Clinic) is a well established clinic with strong roots in the Southwest Minneapolis/Edina Community. Fairview Crosstown Clinic was founded nearly 60 years ago and have a very loyal patient base.
Fairview Clinics - Edina is one of the practices within the Fairview Medical Group. The Fairview Medical Group is a physician-led, integrated, multi-specialty practice, within Fairview Health Services, that is comprised of more than 500 providers within more than 40 clinics throughout Minneapolis/St. Paul and surrounding areas.
The Fairview Medical Group is reforming health care delivery through groundbreaking innovation to reinvent the way care is delivered. Fairview providers work together with common clinical protocols, service standards, communication tools and processes to deliver consistently exceptional care and service to our communities. The group practice uses specific, shared metrics to measure progress toward clearly defined outcomes that advance Fairview's vision. Clear decision making and effective communication, along with physician leadership, collaboration and accountability, are essential in order to achieve clinical and operational excellence.
Thanks to Fairview Health Services' unique partnership and outreach programs with the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians, care providers are able to pursue groundbreaking research and provide top-notch, leading edge care to millions of patients, furthering our vision to be the best health care delivery system for America.
Fairview Southdale Hospital is a 390-bed licensed facility offering a full range of primary and specialty care services to the 500,000+ population of Edina, Minn. and surrounding communities.
Awards and Recognition:
- Average inpatient census: 76,992 (patient days) and 21,305 (admission)
Average number of Emergency Department visits annually: 43,842
- Average number of surgical cases annually: 21,350 (or,sds,eye)
- Average number of deliveries annually: 3,579
- A Solucient Top 100 Cardiovascular Hospital. A national health care quality organization, Solucient yearly highlights hospitals with exceptional clinical outcomes and superior patient care.
- A nationally certified stroke center
- Ranked in the top 10 percent of hospitals in the country for treating heart attack and heart failure patients, according to a Medicare patient care study
- Ranked in the top 20 percent of hospitals for hip and knee replacement, and coronary artery bypass
- A bariatric (weight loss) surgery center of excellence
- A regionally renowned Eye Care Center
Fairview Southdale Hospital recently underwent a $30 million surgery center expansion that added 22 minimally invasive surgery suites. We're continuing to improve our technology to provide exceptional care.
Fairview Clinics - Edina is in a prime location, visible from a major road, France Avenue and located across the street from the hospital. The clinic is also connected by an underground tunnel to the hospital. Located in the suburb of Edina, the clinic is approximately 10 miles Southwest of downtown Minneapolis.
Edina, Minnesota is conveniently located at the crossroads of several major highways in the growing and vibrant Southwest suburbs of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. Less than 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis, Edina has grown from a village of mostly Scottish and Irish immigrants to a metropolitan community. Nationally recognized for K-12 education, high standards of living and quality of life, Edina offers exceptional, upscale dining and shopping experiences, recreational opportunities--including 39 parks and several golf courses--and diversions for every taste and lifestyle.